Getting Started in Avlis
- 1 Getting Started in Avlis
- 1.1 Step 1: Register as a member of the forums and the authentication server.
- 1.2 Step 2: Get the custom content and check compatibility.
- 1.3 Step 3: Acquaint yourself with the rules and guidelines. (IMPORTANT)
- 1.4 Step 4: Make a character.
- 1.5 Step 5: Connect to Avlis and play.
- 1.6 Step 6: Have your questions answered.
- 1.7 Step 7: Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 Additional Useful Information
- 3 List of Dungeons
- 4 Interviews, Comments and Accolades about the World of Avlis
Step 1: Register as a member of the forums and the authentication server.
- Please follow these instructions for registering with the forums and the authentication server.
Step 2: Get the custom content and check compatibility.
- Avlis is running on the 1.69 version of Neverwinter Nights (NWN) and relies on custom content, which you will need to download before playing.
- Please ensure your NWN setup and computer configuration is compatible with Avlis.
Step 3: Acquaint yourself with the rules and guidelines. (IMPORTANT)
- It is very important that you read and understand the Rules .
- The Avlis Player Guide provides helpful guidelines on how to have a positive experience when playing.
Step 4: Make a character.
You can make as many characters as you want on Avlis. You might play the same character all the time, you might begin with one character, decide to retire him and start another, or you may rotate between a multitude of characters as suits your fancy. Before making a character it is recommended that you read Gruush's guide to roleplaying in multiplayer NWN as well as "Character Creation" section of the Avlis Player Guide.
Step 5: Connect to Avlis and play.
- Tip: Check the Avlis General Discussion forum, as well as the Avlis Event Calendar on the bottom of the forum page, and by all means stop by on Avlis Chat.
Step 6: Have your questions answered.
You may come up with some questions when trying to log in to Avlis, or when something happens in Avlis that you do not understand. Worry not! The answers may be found in the FAQ thread on the Avlis forums. Alternatively, you can always visit our IRC channel and get directions to the relevant forum/wiki section. See also: Communication, IC and OOC
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, The Avlissian, to receive news, rumors, game updates, player interviews, contests, and announcements about special events!
Additional Useful Information
Other useful information:
- Avlis Player Character Goal - If you have spent some time on Avlis, you might have plans for your character's future. Send them to the staff!
- Custom Avlis Systems - There are numerous Avlis-specific customizations constantly being added, which enrich the existing systems and tools available in the original NWN game.
- Player Feedback - The Avlis environment is in no small part dependent on the Avlis players, who can contribute by reporting bugs and suggesting ideas.
- FAQ thread at the Avlis forums - Frequently Asked Questions about the World of Avlis.
- Using the Avlis Wiki; Avlis Player Wiki FAQ - Create a wiki account and home page.
- How to search the Avlis Forum - How to find the answers you are looking for.
- GMT Converter - Tool to help you be on time.
- Abbreviations - Used throughout this wiki and in the Avlis forums.
- Neverwinter Nights Online Detailed Player Information
List of Dungeons
Interviews, Comments and Accolades about the World of Avlis
- NWNPodcast Episode 108 Interview on You Tube with spool32 (Episode 108 mp3 - 7zipped)
- NWNPodcast Episode 118 Interview on You Tube with spool32 (Episode 118 mp3 - 7zipped)
- Neverwinter Nights Extender (NWNX)
- NWNX Profile of Vaultster
- Archived NWVault Interview with Orleron (Avlis 6th Anniversary)