Much like how Shifters are druids who take their shape-shifting to their logical extremes, Transmutants are transmuters who focus on the ability for magic to change their very essence. This allows them a wider variety of shifting abilities using their magic and self-transmutation spells, but typically means their spell selection becomes more easily jumbled.
1 - Alternate Forms: Elemental and Basic Shifter Forms
2 - Alternate Forms: Polymorph Self (Shifter and other Forms), Tenser's Variation (Nightstalker's Transformation)
3 - Alternate Forms: Shapechange (Ancient Coal Dragon, Mithril Golem, etc.), Blackstaff Magic Boost
Note: Unless otherwise stated, all targetted spells have a fortitude save for transmuting anything not in your party.
- Turns caster into a huge fire elemental for 5 rounds.
- Turns caster into a huge air elemental for round/3 levels.
- Turns targeted creature into minotaur and grants 1d2 + 2 strength bonus for round/caster level.
- Turns targeted creature into dire tiger and grants 1d2 + 2 dexterity bonus for round/caster level.
- Turns targeted creature into a succubus and grants 1d2 + 2 charisma bonus for round/caster level.
- Turns targeted creature into dire bear and grants 1d2 + 2 constitution bonus for round/caster level.
- Turns targeted creature into mind flayer and grants 1d2 + 2 intelligence bonus for round/caster level.
- Turns targeted creature into doom knight and grants 1d2 + 2 wisdom bonus for round/caster level.
- Turns target undead creature into a risen lord for 1 round/2 caster levels. Destroys undead creature at the end of duration.
- Grants the target creature the feat Improved Critical: Unarmed Strike for 1 turn/caster level.
- Alternate shapes.
- Giant Spider - Gargoyle
- Troll - Manticore
- Umber Hulk - Basilisk
- Fey - Minotaur
- Zombie - Quasit
- Turns caster into elder earth elemental for 1 round/level
- Turns Tenser's into "Nightstalker's Transformation", granting 3d6 sneak attacks, +10 to hide/move silently, and evasion for 1 round/level. Caster loses ability to cast spells during this time.
Flesh to stone
- Turns target into elder earth elemental for 1 turn/level
Stone to flesh
- Turns target into a cow for 1 round/5 levels on failed fortitude save.
- Turns target into an elder air elemental for 1 round/level.
- Grants caster and party benefits similar to "Tenser's Transformation", granting the party Temporary HP, +2 STR, +2 DEX, +6 Attack Bonus, and +5 Fortitude saves for 1 round/level. Caster loses ability to cast spells during this time.
- Target gains bonus caster levels equal to 1/5 primary caster levels and +2 DC to all spell saves for 1 round a caster level.
- Alternate shapes.
- Amber Dragon - Ancient Coal Dragon
- Fire Giant - Epic Minotaur
- Balor - Epic Manticore
- Death Slaad - Epic Gargoyle
- Iron Golem - Mithril Golem