Description: Clerics act as intermediaries between the earthly and the divine (or infernal) worlds. A good cleric helps those in need, while an evil cleric seeks to spread his patron's vision of evil across the world. All clerics can heal wounds and bring people back from the brink of death, and powerful clerics can even raise the dead. Likewise, all clerics have authority over undead creatures, and they can turn away or even destroy these creatures. Clerics are trained in the use of simple weapons, and can use all forms of armor and shields without penalty, since armor does not interfere with the casting of divine spells. In addition to his normal complement of spells, every cleric chooses to focus on two of his deity's domains. These domains grant the cleric special powers, and give him access to spells that he might otherwise never learn.
Alignment Restrictions: Must match chosen deity
Hit Die: d8
Selectable Class Feats: Ambidexterity, Brew Potion, Craft Wand, Deflect Arrows, Divine Might, Divine Shield, Extra Turning, Quicken Spell, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Proficiency (Exotic), Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
Special Abilities & Feats
Each domain gives your cleric access to a special domain power and additional spells.
This increases the total number of spells that a cleric may prepare each day by one per spell level.
Upon taking her first level of cleric, a character is allowed to select 2 domains from the following list:
On Avlis, clerics do not draw power from philosophies and abstract concepts, but rather from the deities directly. Clerics are the keepers of religion and ethics (or lack thereof) in the world, and are the source of moral and lifecycle support for the common folk in the world.
Spells per Day
Skill Points: 2 + Int mod
Bonus Feats: 23, 26, 29, 32, 35, 38
Epic Cleric Bonus Feats: Armor Skin, Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Focus, Great Wisdom, Improved Combat Casting, Planar Turning
Cleric Holy Symbols
- Clerics of Avlissian Gods have wieldable, equippable Holy Symbols available. To get one, ask a DM. To use it, equip the generic symbol you're given and Use the unique power on it. It'll transform to a Symbol of your character's deity. After that, you'll have two special powers available when you put the Symbol in your Shield hand. Each use of a power costs one 6th level spell and one Turn Undead use. So what's it do? OK, here's the breakdown. For purposes of this, Greater Deities have a rank of 4, Intermediates, 3, and Lessers 2, and Demigods 1. If you don't know which rank your deity has, look it up on the wiki...
- Offensive Effect: Outsiders with HD of up to (caster/2 * Deity Rank) make a Will save vs a DC of (5 + caster/2 + CHA modifier). If they fail, they are banished. If they succeed, they are stunned for 1 round/level. This effect ignores SR.
- --Affected Alignment--
- LG - All CG/CN/CE Outsiders, All LE/NE/CE Outsiders
- NG - All NG/TN/NE Outsiders, All LE/NE/CE Outsiders
- CG - All LG/LN/LE Outsiders, All LE/NE/CE Outsiders
- LN - All CG/CN/CE Outsiders, All LN/TN/CN Outsiders
- TN - All NG/TN/NE Outsiders, All LN/TN/CN Outsiders
- CN - All LG/LN/LE Outsiders, All LN/TN/CN Outsiders
- LE - All CG/CN/CE Outsiders, All LG/NG/CG Outsiders
- NE - All NG/TN/NE Outsiders, All LG/NG/CG Outsiders
- CE - All LG/LN/LE Outsiders, All LG/NG/CG Outsiders
- Additionally, all Hostiles within the AoE are Blinded for 1 round, and take Holy Damage equal to 1d6 per (caster/4 * Deity rank). Will save for half and ignoring the blindness. Hostiles with the same Deity are unaffected.
- Defensive Effect: This is applied to anyone within the AoE who has the same Law/Chaos alignment, i.e. a LG priest would benefit LG/LN/LE, and harm CG/CN/CE. For every 5 caster levels, allies inside the AoE receive 5/ Soak DR, broken at +Deity rank... So, a 20th level Gorethite would grant +4 Soak 20 DR to all Lx party members. Additionally, aligned party members receive +1 AB and +1 to all Saves for every 5 caster levels. Further, all party members of the same Deity receive a bonus to AB and a divine dmg bonus equal to the caster's CHA modifier. Anyone (hostile and friendly) of the opposite law/chaos alignment must make a will save or receive negatives to AB and Saves at -1/5 caster levels. This effect lasts one round per caster/2.
- Animal Domain's summon spell modification applies to summon spells cast by multiclassed cleric's other casting class. (e.g. wizard 10/cleric 1 Magic:Summon Creature I spell cast from wizard spellbook summons a boar).
- Healing Domain's Empower Healing ability also empowers healing potions and items that cast the affected spells.
- Clerics with the healing domain will notice that empowered versions of the cure spells will not be twice empowered.
- Avlis has special Spellbook Management chat functions to make clerical spellbook management easier.
- When casting divine spells on Avlis, you must have a valid Avlis deity in your deity field to cast spells above 3rd level.
- Favored cleric: A chosen few clerics may be marked as favored by their deity. In terms of In Game mechanics, this means an increase the potency of the Cleric's epic spells. (See: Magic System, SHS 1.8)
Avlis Private Discussion: Clerics, a private class discussion forum.