M'Chekian Military Medals
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Medals presented to Army personnel in their order of precedence.
Medals of Valour
- Golden Lion – The highest Medal of Honour. It’s given to those soldiers who have proven themselves above and beyond the call of duty. The Highest of the Highs.
- Silver Unicorn – The Silver Unicorn Medal is the second highest Medal of Honour. Its given to those soldiers who have proven themselves above and beyond the call to duty.
- Copper Eagle – The Copper Eagle Medal is the 3rd, or lowest class Medal of Honour. Its given to those soldiers who have proven themselves above and beyond the call of duty.
- Victory Medal – Pyrite Dragon Clasp – Awarded to members of the M’Chekian military for victory in major battles or campaigns. On the obverse is the figure of Mikon in a robe, left arm extended, his fingers pinching a loop from which are suspended a set of scales showing great balance. On the reverse are the words “For M’Chek” in a single line. The medal is circular, of lacquered copper, all images and engraving are in mithril. This medal has a small copper clasp on the suspending ribbon that reads “Pyrite Dragons”, denoting the campaign it was awarded for. This medal takes precedence above the Copper Boot and below the Copper Eagle.
*Note that seperate clasps are attached to this medal indicating which conflict the recipient participated in.
Campaign or Mission Specific Medals
- Copper Boot – In the period after the War with T’Nanshi, M’Chek lacked the resources to cast fine medals. The Copper Boot dates from that time and is a crude lump of copper with a small stone in the shape of a boot set in the center. The Copper Boot medal was given to veterans of M’Chek’s campaign in the Underdark.
- Derrington’s Medal – Given to members of the M'Chekian armed forces who helped do away with raiders that attacked Lord Derrington's Keep. The medal is a blue six sided star with a gold center piece of Derrington's Seal.
- Serpent's Tail Medal - This medal is made of iron in the shape of a hawk taking flight, inlaid with turquoise. This medal was commissioned to honor those Blackhawks who took part in the destruction of a major source of iron supply of the occupying Drotid forces, as well as smashing the alliance between the Shaahesk and the Bugbears in the Warrens of M'Chek.
- Tharul'Zhannadar’s Fang Talisman - Taken from the great wyrm Tharul'Zhannadar himself, this fang still bears some of the magical energy of the great dragon. Measuring about 20 inches in length, these dragon fangs have had their razor edge dulled to serve as a talisman. These were made to identify individuals in the armed forces who took part in ending the threat posed by Tharul'Zhannadar and his pyrite hordes.