Difference between revisions of "You Might Not Know"
(removed outdated information)
(New entry for June 10, but might add more in time)
|Line 133:||Line 133:|
*Healing Domain's Empower Spell effect stacks with these changes
*Healing Domain's Empower Spell effect stacks with these changes
* This effect does not apply to Scrolls or Wands
* This effect does not apply to Scrolls or Wands
Revision as of 20:01, 10 June 2013
- 1 December 8th, 2008
- 2 December 13th, 2008
- 3 December 22nd, 2008
- 4 January 9th, 2009
- 5 February 10, 2009
- 6 February 16th, 2009
- 7 February 11th, 2011
- 8 March 14th, 2012
- 9 June 10, 2013
December 8th, 2008
- Did you know there's a way to rename and change the inventory appearance of your bags? Have a poke around the merchants in the Elysian Artisan's District...
- Did you know there's a mid-teens kobold quest dungeon on the T'Nanshi eastern coastline? A druid might be handy...
- Have you ever talked to the pirate merchant in Nireth? Yarr...
- Did you know there's prefabricated player housing with storage available for purchase in Mikona? Have a look around the slums near the Temple of Maleki...
- Never finished the Elysian Champion's Keep Quest? There's a lady at the very top of the keep you should talk to when you're done with it...
- Did you know there's a CTS training manual available for sale in Cor'Vallen? If you don't know where that is, ask an elf...
- Did you know there is a priest available to convert you to Fundamentalist Pelarism? He's just north of Blandenberg...
December 13th, 2008
- Did you know your PCs can go swimming in Ferrell's Braegan Pond, and other watery locations? Keep an eye out for bubbles...
- Did you know there is a golem dungeon in Northern T'Nanshi? Look for a huge hole in the ground along the Deglos border east of Karak Thayt...
- Ever seen a Blood Ruby? They're National Treasures of Ferrell, and two different NPCs will reward you for returning them...
- Have you seen the new warzone in eastern M'Chek? You might want to think about joining the army...
- Did you know there is an NPC in Visimontium who will administer the AMM classes and the tests? You need these before joining a Mage Order...
- Did you know szabot's name was Chris? Neither did he!
December 22nd, 2008
- Did you know you can fish in the pond on the road north of Mikona? You'll need to visit the southern slums if you want to sell your catch...
- Did you know there's a merchant under Mikona with a rogue-ish slant? Search some corners for the pressure plates to gain access, and watch your back down there...
- Did you see that Gorgon altered the Wilderness hak jxp_forests to include fade-out for tree canopies?
- Did you know there's a lowbie ant dungeon in Summerleaf Farms? I hope larvae don't turn your stomach...
- Have you been through the pixie-size crack in the Le'Or Roots spider cave? Don't forget to bring a second Forian's Elixer for the return trip...
- Did you know there's an xp-granting quest for twig blights? Have a look around Silverfall sometime...
- Did you know that Drenan's Tower is part of a long multi-stage quest? Head south, to Derrington Keep in M'Chek, and talk to the lord in the great hall...
- Did you know there's a goblin keep in Elysia? Head out Dracon Gate and look around for a new path, but watch for trolls...
- Did you know there's a path up the Salt Mountain that the mines are carved into? Take some lowbies and search near the mines...
- Did you know you can become a True Lycanthrope, with a variety of forms to choose from? First you've got to contract the uncontrolled version...
- Did you know there's a dungeon full of Paladins, specifically for evil PCs? Head past the halfway point of the corkscrew and look for a bunch of fire traps...
- Did you know the pimps in Verlog need help with their "employees"? Find somebody flamboyant and see what he's got to say...
January 9th, 2009
- Did you know that Elysian Farmer Northstar's beetle quest has changed? This one surprised me too...
- Did you know we're offering model changes for PCs with static models? Click this link for instructions...
- Did you know leaving drops lags the server? Please pick them up...
- Did you know you can create a Campfire and use it as a trash can for all those unwanted drops? It's on your radial menu under Crafting Skills...
- Did you know you can purchase a rod that applies metamagic feats to your spells? Ask a mage where to buy one...
- Did you know there's a quest in the Mikona ATU Tower that tests your IC Avlissian knowledge? The more you know, the more xp you get...
- Have you had dinner at Pelail Aek, in the Residential district of Le'or? Tell Molnar I sent you, and be sure to try the Black Mushroom Soup...
February 10, 2009
- Did you know there was a smoking bar in Elysia? Check the basement of the Elysian Towers, and don't forget to ask the merchant what leaf he has for sale...
- Did you know that a merchant in the Elysian Artisan's District experiments with the Essence of Midnight? It's not just for crafting...
- Did you know there's an entire custom system for non-default styles of barbarian rage? The Ra-ghul Guild castle in M'Chek sells the ingredient you need... Wiki has more info.
- Did you know that clerics of Avlissian Gods have wieldable, equippable Holy Symbols available? Besides being an excellent RP tool, they're quite powerful when your cleric gets a few levels under his belt... to get one, ask a DM. To use it, equip the generic symbol you're given and Use the unique power on it. It'll transform to a Symbol of your character's deity. After that, you'll have two special powers available when you put the Symbol in your Shield hand. Each use of a power costs one 6th level spell and one Turn Undead use. So what's it do? OK, here's the breakdown. For purposes of this, Greater Deities have a rank of 4, Intermediates, 3, and Lessers 2, and Demigods 1. If you don't know which rank your deity has, look it up on the wiki...
Offensive Effect: Outsiders with HD of up to (caster/2 * Deity Rank) make a Will save vs a DC of (5 + caster/2 + CHA modifier). If they fail, they are banished. If they succeed, they are stunned for 1 round/level. This effect ignores SR.
- LG - All CG/CN/CE Outsiders, All LE/NE/CE Outsiders
- NG - All NG/TN/NE Outsiders, All LE/NE/CE Outsiders
- CG - All LG/LN/LE Outsiders, All LE/NE/CE Outsiders
- LN - All CG/CN/CE Outsiders, All LN/TN/CN Outsiders
- TN - All NG/TN/NE Outsiders, All LN/TN/CN Outsiders
- CN - All LG/LN/LE Outsiders, All LN/TN/CN Outsiders
- LE - All CG/CN/CE Outsiders, All LG/NG/CG Outsiders
- NE - All NG/TN/NE Outsiders, All LG/NG/CG Outsiders
- CE - All LG/LN/LE Outsiders, All LG/NG/CG Outsiders
Additionally, all Hostiles within the AoE are Blinded for 1 round, and take Holy Damage equal to 1d6 per (caster/4 * Deity rank). Will save for half and ignoring the blindness. Hostiles with the same Deity are unaffected.
Defensive Effect: This is applied to anyone within the AoE who has the same Law/Chaos alignment, i.e. a LG priest would benefit LG/LN/LE, and harm CG/CN/CE. For every 5 caster levels, allies inside the AoE receive 5/ Soak DR, broken at +Deity rank... So, a 20th level Gorethite would grant +4 Soak 20 DR to all Lx party members. Additionally, aligned party members receive +1 AB and +1 to all Saves for every 5 caster levels. Further, all party members of the same Deity receive a bonus to AB and a divine dmg bonus equal to the caster's CHA modifier. Anyone (hostile and friendly) of the opposite law/chaos alignment must make a will save or receive negatives to AB and Saves at -1/5 caster levels. This effect lasts one round per caster/2.
February 16th, 2009
- Have you spoken to Xerto in the Mikona Marketplace? He carries on a long tradition of making stuff in volumes your PCs can only dream of...
- Have you seen the interesting hole in the ground by the Summerleaf lift, near Kharak Thayt? Xerto loves that place...
- Did you know there's a lowbie riddle quest in the Noble Flair, in Mikona? Go pester the local patrons...
- Have you been to the Visimontium City Council Chamber? In the Dept. of Public Works there's a gnome who needs fungus spores. Don't ask why...
- Do you remember me mentioning Barbarian Rage styles last week? First, be a barbarian. Next, buy some special ingredient from the place we talked about last week. Third, use it just before you rage. Fourth, kill stuff while raging. You'll see "rager xp" start to accrue. When you hit 1000xp, you don't need the special ingredient anymore...
What does each ingredient do? Here's a quick review: *Dust of the Windwalker: Increased movement speed/increased attacks/round in exchange for a penalty of damage penalty and constitution penalty. *Oil of the Flamedancer: Damage increase/damage shield in exchange for damage vulnerability. *Water of the Deep Well: Concealment in exchange for attack miss percentage. *Stonewall's Brew: Damage immunity and temp hp in exchange for movement speed decrease and dexterity penalty. *Vial of Annointed Blood: Vampiric regen on the weapon in exchange for taking roundly damage.
Want the technical mumbo-jumbo? Here are the details... don't blame me if you avoid failbarianism by reading this... All ragers are placed into "categories" equal to 1 + (BRS level/3); The maximum category is 6. *Wind: 1 additional rank per category. +10% movement speed per category, -1 damage/-2 constitution per category. *Fire: Damage Increase of 2x Category fire damage, and a fire shield of 1d8 + 2x category damage. Penalty of 5% x category damage vulnerability to physical attack. *Water: 10% concealmeant per category, 5% miss chance per category. Up to 60% concealment/30% miss chance. *Earth: 7% damage immunity to physical damage per category. 10% movement penalty and -2 dexterity per category. *Blood: 3x category vampiric regen on weapon in exchange for 2x category damage per round while rage is active. In addition rage duration increases by +1/5 rager levels.
February 11th, 2011
- Did you know Avlis had it's own Custom Trap system? Not only that but certain Classes receive additional affects to the traps they set! Read all the fancy details here.
- Did you know that Avlis has a custom Companion Training System? Ask around to find out the specifics and have a look at the CTS_Mechanics page!
March 14th, 2012
- Did you know Avlis has custom scripts for Cure/Inflict spells?
Prepared and Spontaneously cast spells benefit from the following change
Cure/Inflict Minor Wounds 1d6% Cure/Inflict Light Wounds 1d6%/2CL up to 3d6 Cure/Inflict Moderate Wounds 1d6%/2CL up to 6d6 Cure/Inflict Serious Wounds 1d6%/2CL up to 9d6 Cure/Inflict Critical Wounds 1d6%/2CL up to 12d6 *Healing Domain's Empower Spell effect stacks with these changes
- This effect does not apply to Scrolls or Wands
June 10, 2013
- Did you know that there is a BioMerchant somewhere who sells potions that do heal undead?
- Did you know, your animal companion can pick things up from watching others train?
- A Chasm in the Wilds has some killer lore, killer views and killer monsters. Ask an old elf how to get there.
- Le'Or has an ancient mage tower that once belonged to a lich, formerly an Archmage of one of the orders. His followers still haunt it.
- You know the Maiden Outpost in Elysia has a public donation chest? Great for poor lowbies and philanthropists
- Did you know there is an extensive sewer complex in Ferrell? Might be something a group of lowbie travelers would investigate.
- Did you know you can hand in fish for xp on Ferrell? Gotta find the fish first!
- Did you know that you can go on an underwater adventure in Ferrell? Get a guide and bring a supply of fresh air, you'll need it!
- There IS a quest related to the mysterious pillars in Mikona's crypt... you really need to thirst for the answer to this one
- There's a new toymaker in the underbelly of Mikona, but his creations are likelier to play with YOUR limbs
- Did you know that you can fisticuffs the NPCs in a certain bar by typing "Bar fight"?
- Mikona has its own little nook of Underdark rich with a history even darker.
- Did you know that in Mchek is a system of old caverns full of undead? Clerics Playground, and it scales up to hardcore epic..
- Did you know that someone in M'Chek is desperately looking for books for his collection and might greatly reward you? Wizards particularly might like this
- Did you know that Nightfang Moutain is not the only place with a multistage quest with awesome rewards? Poke around in the underdark, join the evil side, and show those darn gorethites
- Did you know there is an ancient Minotaur Monk Monastry deep down in the Underdark? But be polite to them and show respect
- Did you know that in the deepest corner of the Underdark is a Mirror leading to another plane?
- Did you know a guy in the market pays for poop?
- A certain barkeep would like some trogs beat down, and he'll reward you.
- You can get paid for skinning rothe, skin enough you might get a nice present.
- There's a tall watchtower in Deglos with an amazing romantic view. Ask a dwarf how to get there.
- Did you know that you can fight a clone of yourself in Deglos?