How to chat in Avlis?
In order to do this, you will need an IRC program. The most popular versions for Windows are mIRC and iceChat, for MacOS try Ircle or for Linux use XChat.
The connection information is:
- - stratics.frws.com
- - irc.glowfish.de
- - stratics.afraidyet.net
- - irc.epaxsys.net
- Port - 6668 (this is a non-standard port)
- Room - #avlis
Common IRC commands:
Private message - /msg nick message
- Sends nick a message. (You can also just double click on someones name and a private message box will appear)
Nickname change - /nick newnick
- Will change your nickname to newnick.
Ignore a user - /ignore nick
- Will ignore user with the nick nick.
Unignore a user - /ignore -r nick
- Will unignore a user with the nick nick.
Performing an action - /me actiontext
- /me does a little jig will show as: * Nick does a little jig
Joining a channel - /join #channel
- Join channel #channel.
Parting a channel - /part #channel
- Parts channel #channel, if the #channel is omitted the current channel will be parted.
Leaving/Quitting - /quit message
- This will disconnect you from the chat and send an optional quit message to the server.