Supporting the DM Team is your primary responsibility. You keep track of the day-to-day activities of the DM Team, and ensure that player questions are answered. You make decisions and recommendations to Orleron on all DM team applications and all Watchlist threads. This position reports to the Lead Producer.
- Make final decisions on hiring new DMs
- Final decision on promoting DMs to Senior DM and above.
- Make final decisions on player vault jails and make recommendations to World Leader on banning.
- Work with the Lead Producer to formulate and implement DM policy, rules and organization.
- In conjunction with the Lead Producer add new rules/policies when they are needed, and keep current rules/policies updated.
- Ensure the training program for apprentice DM's is in place and oversee the running of it.
- Conceptualize, define and guide direction of world-wide plots.
- Enforce DM Team rules and escalate issues if necessary.
- Remove DMs of rank Apprentice, Minor, or Major from DM team when necessary.
- Recommend removal of Senior, Veteran, and Elder DMs to Lead Producer and World Leader when necessary.
- Current knowledge of the Avlis game world – including world lore as well as server lore
- Minimum 3 months of active Avlis DMing experience.
- Knowledge of Avlis systems for both players and DMs.
- Knowledge of NWN engine including limitations.
- Ability to manage people and delegate tasks as necessary.
- Preferred PnP DMing experience.
The Head DM is a management position responsible for tactical creative direction of the servers and the DM team reports to this position. It will be the Head DM's job to be aware of DM activity and make sure that we're not neglecting our players. This may entail shifting DM resources to match the playerbase, encouraging DM activity, and recruiting new DMs. As DMs gain experience, showing talent and increased knowledge of the Avlis world, you will solicit promotion recommendations from the DM team and administer promotion reviews. For Senior, Veteran, and Elder DMs the Head DM will accept requests for promotion, solicit team input, and make promotion recommendations.
It is your responsibility to monitor the team mailing list for DM applications and post them in the Team Application forum for review. Once a majority of the team has chimed in, you must make a final decision. It is then your responsibility to ensure an acceptance or rejection email is sent to the applicant as appropriate. Applicants should expect to get a final response within two weeks of submitting their application.
When new apprentice and minor DMs are hired, it is your responsibility to assign an avatar and assign a mentor to that DM and make sure they get the training and resources they need. You will be responsible for ensuring all DMs have all the tools necessary to do their jobs.
You will be responsible for approving guild sponsorships and ensuring guilds have active DMs. You will also ensure that the Team list for sponsorship is up-to-date. You will also update the list of DM avatars in the Ask the Team Forum.
You will moderate Watchlist discussions and make decisions on vault jailing. In the case of banning, you will make recommendations to World Leader who will make final decisions. Once a decision has been made, you will indicate the decision made and ensure that the punishment (if necessary) is enacted.
The Head DM will be responsible for making sure that all Avlis rules are consistent with current team rulings and are posted clearly for the playerbase.
You will be authorized to ask for Team volunteers and/or hire additional Team members (with approval) to delegate responsibilities assigned to you as needed.
Avlis Boards Name:
Timezone are you in? (GMT +/-)
How long have you been playing on Avlis?
How long have you been an Avlis DM?
Have you DMed on any other CoPaP servers? If so, how long and do you still currently DM there?
Have you ever been a DM/Game Master for a pen and paper game? ___ Yes ___ No
If yes, how many years/months experience with DMing/GMing do you have?
How familiar are you with 3rd Edition D&D rules? What about 3.5?
Do you have any experience managing people?
How do you delegate responsibility?
What would make you a good Head DM?
What do you like about Avlis?
What do you think needs to improve on Avlis?
How well do you think our system for handling grief players works?
How do you feel about make vault jail and banning decisions? Are you able to stand by your banning decisions even if they prove later to have been made in error?
What has been your favorite Avlis DMing session to date that you have run? Why is it your favorite?
How do you propose to make sure new DMs have the tools and training they need to do their jobs?
Do you have anything else to add?