Neverwinter Nights Game Requirements for Avlis
- The NWN Expansion Packs are required.
- NWN 1.69 Patch is required. If you have not already, make certain you download and install the version 1.69 critical rebuild patch.
Obtaining the Neverwinter Nights Game
If you do not have the NWN game, you may be able to purchase the NWN Diamond Edition (includes the SoU and HotU expansion packs) from a site such as GOG.
Note: At this time, NWN Diamond Edition is only available from GOG as a bonus when you purchase Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. It cannot be purchased on its own from GOG.
- IMPORTANT: When purchasing NWN from a website, it may come with a set of default "CD" keys. Our authentication system requires that all players connecting to it must have a unique set of "CD" keys. We have blocked the default keys to prevent issues.
- For example, GOG does supply their customers with a unique set of keys suitable for multiplayer use, but you must change your game keys to use them before connecting. Please follow the instructions at Online play in Neverwinter Nights Diamond to change your keys within Galaxy, or use the "CDKey Changer" (AKA: Neverwinter Nights Serial Tool) under your "NWN Diamond [GOG.com]" start menu entry.
- NWN and Avlis will run on most modern computers. NWN's system requirements are listed here, and Avlis does not have any additional System Requirements beyond that of NWN.
- If NWN is not running well on Windows version 8 or 10, it may be useful/necessary to run NWN with some compatibility settings enabled, such as "Run this program as administrator" and "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Right click on nwnmain.exe and select the Compatibility tab to view these settings.
Recommended Graphic and Sound Settings
- You can play around with the graphics and sound settings so that NWN is stable on your system, yet enhances your video and audio experience when playing on Avlis.
- Some have found better game stability if the "Shiny Water" graphic setting is set to disabled.