Jump to navigation Jump to search
Avlissian (OOC Terms) | Dwergan | Drangonari | Ganoom | Nanshilae | Orcish | Romini
This article is about the language. For the player, see Players.
For the Avlis player newsletter, see The Avlissian.
Avlissian is the language spoken by players of Blackdagger: The World of Avlis.
- Find out in game. Means to either encourage a player to seek previously asked information inside the game itself, or to state a reason why certain information was removed (Also may refer to FOIG, Inc., named after the abbreviation).
- An acronym for "In Character". Information deemed "IC" is something your character might know, given access to the right channels of information.
- An acronym for "Out of Character". This is a phrase to describe things that you as a player know, but which your character never could.
To Pull a Ghostie
- To bring your laptop to an Avlis meet, only to find out that it doesn't pick up the wireless connection available.
To Pull a Xeo
- To lock yourself into your own inn room, by placing the key of the room into the chest.
- Origin: The player Xeo Bodacea, commonly referred to as Xeo, and naming himself that on Irc, used to lock himself into his inn room often, resulting in a posting on the boards with a call for DM help to get him out. Because of the public attention that this frequent mistake he made generated, his name became synonymous with the action.
- Might also refer to subsequently retireing and reviving the same character.
- Origin: The same player also retired and revived his character Isamu several times.