|Systems and Tools|
Type of Feat: Class
Specifics: At 1st level, an assassin may use a death attack, which functions similarly to a sneak attack and if the target is not in combat they become victim to the death attack effects. The successful death attack forces the target to make a fortitude save or become paralyzed. The DC for the Death Attack is 10 + Assassin level + Intelligence modifier.
In addition to this standard BioWare death attack there is an aptly named radial death attack (described below) which is activated from the radial menu.
- The new radial Death Attack can be used 1 time per day for every 5 levels of Assassin. (1 for 1-5, 2 for 6-10, etc).
- If you target yourself, you will be told how many uses you have left.
- If you select a target, there will be 3 rounds of study required. During the three rounds, if the Assassin enters combat, or loses sight of the target, the DA is canceled, and is not deducted from the number of uses remaining for the day.
- After 3 rounds of study, the Death Attack will automatically occur if:
- the target is close enough,
- the target is not in combat,
- the Assassin is not in combat, and
- the Assassin can see the target
- The Death Attack is a Touch Attack.
Normally only Str is used as a bonus to a touch attack, however, if the Assassin has Weapon Finesse feat, and wields an appropriate weapon, they may get a bonus to the attack based on their Dex bonus, given the following:
- If Str bonus is 5 or greater, no additional bonus is given.
- If Dex is greater than Str, and Str is less than 5, and the Assassin wields an Assassin Dagger, the Dex bonus above the Str bonus will be added for 1 round, up to a max total bonus of +5.
- If Dex is greater than Str, and Str is less than 3, and the Assassin wields a finessable weapon, the Dex bonus above the Str bonus will be added for 1 round, up to a max total bonus of +3.
- The DC for the Death Attack is 10 + Assassin level + Intelligence modifier + 1d6.
- From the crafting menu (Special Functions -> Assassin Death Attack Toggle) the Assassin PC can toggle between a Paralyze Attack and a Death Attack. For the former, if the target is Immune to Paralysis (or like the original DA if they have Mind Immunity), they will not be paralyzed. For the latter, if the target fails the save he will be knocked to bleeding regardless of Immunity to Paralysis or Mind Immunity, however Immunity to Death will protect the target.
- Sneak Attack damage is applied via Divine damage.
- If the Target is paralyzed, no further automatic attacks will occur, however the Assassin is able to manually attack the target, if killing is their goal.
- If the Target is not paralyzed, the Assassin will automatically attack the target after 3 seconds.
- After the Death Attack, 3 rounds must pass before initiating another Death Attack via the radial menu. This occurs before the 3 rounds of study can be started.