Description: (Prestige Class) The assassin is a master of dealing quick, lethal blows. Assassins often function as spies, informants, killers for hire, or agents of vengeance. Their skill in a variety of dark arts allows them to carry out missions of death with shocking, terrifying precision. Rogues, monks, and bards are ideal candidates to become assassins.
Hit Dice: d6
Proficiencies: Armor (Light, Robes), Weapons (Simple)
Skill Points: 4 + Int mod
Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Disable Trap, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Lore, Move Silently, Open Lock, Parry, Persuade, Pick Pocket, Search, Set Trap, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device
Selectable Class Feats: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Proficiency (Exotic), Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
Primary Saving Throw(s): Reflex
Alignment: Any evil
Skills: Hide 8, Move Silently 8
All Are Automatically Silenced
|Poison Save||Death Attack|
|2nd||Uncanny Dodge I||Combined 3/day:
|5th||Uncanny Dodge II||Combined 3/day:
Haste (self only)
Freedom of Movement
|8th||Hide in Plain Sight||+4||+4d6|
Dimension Door (self only)
|10th||Uncanny Dodge III||+5||+5d6|
- It is not possible to combine these abilities with any other metamagic power. Silent is automatic and exclusive.
Hit Die: d6
Skill Points: 4 + Int mod
Bonus Feats: 14, 18, 22, 26, 30
Epic Bonus Feats: Epic Reflexes, Epic Skill Focus (Hide, Move Silently only), Great Dexterity, Improved Combat Casting, Improved Sneak Attack, Self Concealment, Superior Initiative
Epic Selectable Class Feats: Blinding Speed
Epic Level Progression
|Level||Feats||Poison Save||Death Attack|
- Requires Shadow of Undrentide.
- The Improved Sneak Attack epic feat is currently bugged as of NWN update 1.66 because the additional damage is not applied unless you have at least one Rogue Sneak Attack feat or one Blackguard Sneak Attack feat. So Assassins may take the feat but without at least one Rogue level or four Blackguard levels it is useless.
- The Avlis version of the Use Magic Device skill gives a bonus to NON-ARTIFICED casting items. These include amulets, unique items, rings, etc. Bonus is +1 to caster level/Spell DC per 5 base ranks (not including modifiers, skill focuses, etc.) in the Use Magic Device skill.
- The Assassin's Death Attack is also a subject to Avlis-specific modifications.
Avlis Assassins of reknown
- Basically no Assassins on Avlis are known by identity although rumor has it that... aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh...
- Assassin Guide by syarul at GameFAQs NWN page