Description: (Prestige Class) A shifter has no form they call their own. Instead, they cloth themselves in whatever shape is most expedient at the time. While others base their identities largely on their external forms, the shifter actually comes closer to their true self through all of their transformations. Of necessity, their sense of self is based not on their outward form, but on their soul, which is truly the only constant about them. It is the inner strength of that soul that enables them to take on any shape and remain themselves within.
Hit Die: d8
Skill Points: 4 + Int mod
Skills: Animal Empathy, Concentration, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Heal, Hide, Listen, Lore, Persuade, Spot
Selectable Class Feats: Ambidexterity, Brew Potion, Craft Wand, Deflect Arrows, Scribe Scroll
Primary Saving Throw(s): Fortitude, Reflex
Alternate Form: Druid Wild Shape
Spellcasting: Level 3 Druid spell or higher
Special Abilities & Feats
- Level 1 Greater Wildshape I
- Level 3 Greater Wildshape II
- Level 4 Infinite Greater Wildshape I
- Level 5 Greater Wildshape III
- Level 7 Humanoid Shape, Infinite Greater Wildshape II
- Level 10 Greater Wildshape IV, Infinite Greater Wildshape III
- Level 11 Greater Wildshape II, Improved Forms
- Level 13 Infinite Humanoid Shape
- Level 15 Greater Wildshape III, Improved Forms
- Level 16 Infinite Greater Wildshape IV
- Level 17 Greater Humanoid Shape, Improved Forms
Hit Die: d8
Skill Points: 4 + Int mod
Bonus Feats: 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28
Epic Bonus Feats: Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Blinding Speed, Construct Shape, Dragon Shape, Epic Energy Resistance, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Great Wisdom, Improved Combat Casting, Outsider Shape, Undead Shape
Epic Selectable Class Feats: Blinding Speed, Epic Skill Focus (Animal Empathy)
Shifter Form Replacements - Replacements made to shifter forms by the Avlis Team.
The below table lists the Shifter shapes, which item properties merge, and which feat provides the shape.
|Wyrmling (any)||Y||Y||Greater Wildshape I|
|Harpy||Y||Y||Greater Wildshape II|
|Basilisk||Y||Greater Wildshape III|
|Drow warrior||Y||Y||Y||Humanoid Shape|
|Dire tiger||Y||Greater Wildshape IV|
|Epic harpy||Y||Y||Greater Wildshape II|
upgrade at level 11
|Epic basilisk||Y||Greater Wildshape III|
upgrade at level 15
|Epic drow warrior||Y||Y||Y||Humanoid Shape|
upgrade at level 17
|Epic lizardfolk whipmaster||Y||Y||Y|
|Epic kobold commando||Y||Y||Y|
|Risen lord||Y||Y||Y||Undead Shape|
|Azer chieftain||Y||Y||Y||Outsider Shape|
|Death slaad lord||Y|
|Stone golem||Y||Construct Shape|
|Dragon (any)||Y||Dragon Shape|
- Weapon is the primary weapon slot.
- Items are both ring slots, amulet slot, cloak slot, boots slot, and belt slot.
- Armor is the armor slot, shield slot (shield only, offhand weapons do not merge), and helmet slot.
- The Gloves or Bracers Slot never merge in base NWN, but do merge for all shapes on Avlis.
- The ammunition slots never merge.
- Rules of thumb:
- Has a weapon? Merges all.
- Unarmed, stands on two legs? Merges all (items and armor in base NWN, all on Avlis).
- Unarmed, four or more legs? Merges armor and primary weapon only (armor only in base NWN).
- Exceptions to the rule are Death Slaad Lord, Stone Golem and Demonflesh Golem.
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- The Shifter and Druid shapeshifting feats are not affected by dispel.
- Spell resistance from the shapes does not stack with Monk's Diamond Soul feat.
- Damage reduction from the shapes does not stack with other DR feats or Dwarven Defender class.
- Consider that wearing CON boosting gear may kill you. See explanation here: http://avlis.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=132766