|Hit Die: d8|
|Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 levels|
Skill Points: 4 + INT modifier
|Class Skills: |
Primary Saving Throw(s):
A shifter has no form they call their own. Instead, they cloth themselves in whatever shape is most expedient at the time. While others base their identities largely on their external forms, the shifter actually comes closer to their true self through all of their transformations. Of necessity, their sense of self is based not on their outward form, but on their soul, which is truly the only constant about them. It is the inner strength of that soul that enables them to take on any shape and remain themselves within.
Alternate Form: Druid Wild Shape
Spellcasting: Level 3 Druid spell or higher
|Lvl||BAB||Saves||Feats||Forms becoming available|
|1st||+0||+2||+2||+0||Greater Wildshape I||Wyrmling|
|3rd||+2||+3||+3||+1||Greater Wildshape II||Harpy, gargoyle, minotaur|
|4th||+3||+4||+4||+1||Infinite Greater Wildshape I|
|5th||+3||+4||+4||+1||Greater Wildshape III||Basilisk, manticore, tlincali warrior|
|7th||+5||+5||+5||+2||Humanoid Shape, infinite greater wildshape II||Kobold commando, lizardfolk whipmaster, lupin|
|10th||+7||+7||+7||+3||Greater Wildshape IV, infinite greater wildshape III||Dire tiger, medusa, mindflayer|
|Lvl||Feats||Forms becoming available|
|11th||Epic harpy, epic gargoyle, epic minotaur|
|13th||Bonus feat, Infinite Humanoid Shape|
|15th||Epic basilisk, epic manticore, tlincali warrior mage|
|16th||Bonus feat, Infinite Greater Wildshape IV|
|17th||Epic kobold commando, epic lizardfolk whipmaster, epic lupin|
Epic Bonus Feats: Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Blinding Speed, Construct Shape, Dragon Shape, Epic Energy Resistance, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Great Wisdom, Improved Combat Casting, Outsider Shape, Undead Shape
Shifter Form Replacements - Replacements made to shifter forms by the Avlis Team.
The below table lists the Shifter shapes, which item properties merge, and which feat provides the shape.
|Greater Wildshape I|
|Greater Wildshape II|
|Greater Wildshape III|
|Greater Wildshape IV|
|Greater Wildshape II (lvl 11)|
|Greater Wildshape III (lvl 15)|
|Tlincali Warrior Mage||Y||Y||Y|
|Humanoid Shape (lvl 17)|
|Epic Kobold Commando||Y||Y||Y|
|Epic Lizardfolk Whipmaster||Y||Y||Y|
|Death Slaad Lord||Y|
|Ancient Amber Dragon||Y|
|Ancient Coal Dragon||Y||Y||Y|
|Ancient Gravel Dragon||Y|
- Weapon is the primary weapon slot.
- Items are both ring slots, amulet slot, cloak slot, boots slot, and belt slot.
- Armor is the armor slot, shield slot (shield only, offhand weapons do not merge), and helmet slot.
- The Gloves or Bracers Slot never merge in base NWN, but do merge for all shapes on Avlis.
- The ammunition slots never merge.
- Rules of thumb:
- Has a weapon? Merges all.
- Unarmed, stands on two legs? Merges all (items and armor in base NWN, all on Avlis).
- Unarmed, four or more legs? Merges armor and primary weapon only (armor only in base NWN).
- Exceptions to the rule are Death Slaad Lord, Stone Golem and Demonflesh Golem.
- The Shifter and Druid shapeshifting feats are not affected by dispel.
- Spell resistance from the shapes does not stack with Monk's Diamond Soul feat.
- Damage reduction from the shapes does not stack with other DR feats or Dwarven Defender class.
- Consider that wearing CON boosting gear may kill you. See explanation here: http://avlis.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=132766