|Hit Die: d8|
|Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 levels|
Skill Points: 6 + INT modifier
|Class Skills: |
Primary Saving Throw(s):
Shadowdancers operate in the border between light and darkness. These nimble artists of deception are never completely trusted but always induce wonder when met. Many use their abilities to infiltrate past defenses and dupe others. Rogues and Bards are the most common shadowdancers.
|Fort||Ref||Will||Dmg red.||Conceal||AC bonus||Hide/MS||Uses/day|
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+0||Hide in Plain Sight||-||-||-||-||-|
|2nd||+1||+0||+3||+0||Ultravision, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge I||-||-||-||-||-|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+1||Shadow Daze, Summon Shadow||-||-||-||-||-|
|4th||+3||+1||+4||+1||Shadow Evade*, Shadow Jump||5/+1||5%||+1||+4||3|
|5th||+3||+1||+4||+1||Defensive Roll, Uncanny Dodge II||5/+1||5%||+1||+5||4|
|10th||+7||+3||+7||+3||Improved Evasion, Uncanny Dodge III||10/+3||20%||+4||+10||5|
|Dmg red.||Conceal||AC bonus||Hide/MS||Uses/day|
- Ultravision is given to SDs of level 2 and up when joining the server.
Hide in Plain Sight
- We can't replace the normal Hide/HiPS button, but this new function can be used instead. HiPS will be limited to once every round when using this ability. This will allow players to keep themselves honest and not spam HiPS.
- Duration is 5 + 2*SD level rounds
- Total uses per day equal to 3 + SD level / 5
- Temporary Hide/MS bonus equal to SD level
- This works similar to Dimension Door and is given to SDs at level 4. A shadowdancer will be able to use the ability for a total distance of 10 meters per level per day. If the SD targets himself with the ability, the remaining distance that day will be shown.
- Rather than the default NWN feat which used several different summoned shadow blueprints as the Shadowdancer leveled, on Avlis a Shadowdancer summons a single creature named Shadow Companion. The Shadow Companion levels up to the Shadowdancer's class level when spawned.
- The normal Shadow Companion will match the Shadowdancer's class level up to max level 10. If the Shadowdancer takes the Epic Shadow Lord feat at Shadowdancer level 13, the shadow will again level up to the Shadowdancer's level and will gain fighter levels.
- The Shadow Companion becomes stronger at higher levels with increasing DR, AC, hide skill.
- Shadow Companion matches the alignment of the Shadowdancer.
- Shadow Companion joins the Shadowdancer as a henchman. Will not unsummon when the Shadowdancer rests.
- Shadow Companion cannot be turned.
- Updated AI allows the shadow to use its Darkness ability.
- New conversation adds an option to allow SD to heal the shadow.
- Often only 1 level of Shadowdancer is taken to gain access to the Hide in Plain Sight feat. This has lead to many servers imposing minimum-level restrictions for this class.
- Epic Shadowdancers can come into their own, especially multiclass Rogue/Shadowdancers as they have a number of abilities for supporting sneak attack. Summon Shadow can be used for flanking, Shadow Daze can grant flat-footed conditions and Hide in Plain Sight can grant invisible attacker benefits.
- Shadowdancer and Weapon Master are the only classes lacking the generic class skills craft weapon, craft trap, craft armor as well as concentration and Parry (all are cross-class skills).
- The Epic Shadowlord feat can be taken as epic bonus feat only.