Description: (Prestige Class) Shadowdancers operate in the border between light and darkness. These nimble artists of deception are never completely trusted but always induce wonder when met. Many use their abilities to infiltrate past defenses and dupe others. Rogues and Bards are the most common shadowdancers.
Hit Dice: d8
Skill Points: 6 + Int Mod
Special Abilities & Feats
- Level 1 Hide in Plain Sight
- Level 2 Ultravision, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge I
- Level 3 Shadow Daze, Summon Shadow
- Level 4 Shadow Evade, Shadow Jump
- Level 5 Defensive Roll, Uncanny Dodge II
- Level 7 Slippery Mind
- Level 10 Improved Evasion, Uncanny Dodge III
Hit Die: d8
Skill Points: 6 + Int Mod
Bonus Feats: 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28
- Requires Shadows of Undrentide.
- Often only 1 level of Shadowdancer is taken to gain access to the Hide in Plain Sight feat. This has lead to many servers imposing minimum-level restrictions for this class.
- Epic Shadowdancers can come into their own, especially multiclass Rogue/Shadowdancers as they have a number of abilities for supporting sneak attack. Summon Shadow can be used for flanking, Shadow Daze can grant flat-footed conditions and Hide in Plain Sight can grant invisible attacker benefits.
- Shadowdancer and Weapon Master are the only classes lacking the generic class skills craft weapon, craft trap, craft armor as well as concentration and Parry (all are cross-class skills).
- The Epic Shadowlord feat can be taken as epic bonus feat only.
- Duration is 5 + SD level rounds
- Total uses per day equal to 3 + SD level / 5
- Temporary Hide/MS bonus equal to SD level
- Ultravision is given to SDs of level 2 and up when joining the server.
Two new radial abilities will be added when an SD joins a server after this update.
- HiPS Ability
We can't replace the normal Hide/HiPS button, but this new function can be used instead. HiPS will be limited to once every round when using this ability. This will allow players to keep themselves honest and not spam HiPS.
- Shadow Jump Ability
This works similar to Dimension Door and is given to SDs at level 4. A shadowdancer will be able to use the ability for a total distance of 10 meters per level per day. If the SD targets himself with the ability, the remaining distance that day will be shown.
The summoned shadow has the following changes.
- Matches the alignment of the SD.
- Joins the SD as a henchman. Will not unsummon when the SD rests.
- Updated AI which also allows the shadow to use its darkness ability.
- Rather than the old system which used several different shadow blueprints as the SD leveled, I've used only a single creature named Shadow Companion that levels up to the SD's level when spawned. The normal shadow will match the SD's level up to max level 10. If the PC takes the Epic Shadow Lord feat at SD level 13, the shadow will again level up to the SD's level and will gain fighter levels.
- The shadow becomes stronger at higher levels with increasing DR, AC, hide skill.
- New conversation adds an option to allow SD to heal the shadow.
- The shadow cannot be turned.
- Conversations with summons, companions, familiars, etc. are now private.