Magic:Word of Faith
Evocation [ Divine ]
Level: Clr 7
Innate Level: 7
Casting Time: 1 action
Saving Throw: Fortitude: PC outsider/elemental effects only
Spell Resistance: Yes
Metamagic: Quicken, Still
Energy Substitution: No
A wave of divine energy blasts all enemy creatures within the area of effect, with the following results:
- NPC outsiders and elementals, as well as PC outsiders and ones in elemental forms that fail a fortitude saving throw, are killed instantly. * The death is only an "Out of Character" mechanic . See the notes below for what this represents "In Character", and exceptions .
- PC outsiders and ones in elemental forms that successfully make a fortitude saving throw take divine damage equal to 50% of their current hit points, are paralyzed for 1d4 rounds (immunity to paralysis does not protect vs. this, unless it is a creature ability), and are slowed for 1 round per 2 caster levels (regular immunities do apply vs. this).
- All others (PC or NPC) are subject to one of the following effects, based on their hit dice/level, with no saving throw (they are not cumulative/do not stack). Effects last 1 round per 2 caster levels (except death).
- 12 or more: Blinded.
- 8-11: Stunned.
- 5-7: Confused.
- 4 or less: Killed instantly.
- "In Character", the death of NPC or PC outsiders and elementals from effect [a.] above represents them being sent back to their plane of origin. You are not killing them, just making them "go back home".
- Some Avlis areas have special code to emulate being on another plane, but (in most cases) they simply negate the casting effects. Word of Faith only checks for the outsider/elemental racial types when applying effects related to them, and does not check the target's plane of origin. This can be especially annoying when you are an Avlis native only using the appearance of an outsider or elemental. When in doubt, look at the racial type on your character sheet.