Historic Events in Mikona and M'Chek
This page summarizes the basics of various events that have taken place in Mikona and M'Chek since the servers came online. For events from this year, see Mikona:Recent Events.
In editing this, please try to keep it in rough chronological order, and to keep it factual. And remember, just as on the boards, all information here can be taken as known in character, so don't post anything that you don't want known as common knowledge.
These are organized by timeline below. You can also view them organized by plotline.
2005 (2135 thru 2156)
- Nov 2156 (12/05/05) The Pride of the Southlands is formed by Kai'ral Windspar, Seylek, Mhog'ar and several other wemics far from their homes in Kurathene and Jechran. Based all over Southern Negaria, and not in M'Chek exclusively, much of their activity takes place there as it is home to Kai'Ral Windspar.
- Jun 2156 (11/26/05) The Gnomes begin to take on Tollgaroth's old role as Mikona's most prominent enemy, as they begin to launch assaults on the city from their stronghold in the Hills of Tumult.
- Mar 2156 (11/20/05) The Jacks, a rampaging group of rebel brownies who hoped to take over Mikona, have their plans thwarted when their hidden base of operations is finally discovered. Unfortunately their insane leader, the Jack himself, escapes capture.
- Jan 2156 (11/16/05) Lord Marcus Deth passes away from "a short and terrible disease." Rumors begin to spread after his funeral that he was resurrected by Damar Ogdem, but lack of official announcements from the Government or Lord Deth's reappearance quell these rumors.
- Sep 2155 (11/09/05) Jand de la Fleur's banishment is lifted. Accused of treason during the war, he is allowed back into M'Chek after his case is reviewed.
- May 2155 (11/01/05) The Windspars succeed in closing the Magma portal in Tollgaroth's abandoned halls. The hills appear open for settlement, but are shortly invaded by Andrinorian Gnomes.
- Jul 2154 (10/12/05) Actions are taken to begin cleansing the Hills of Tumult for use by M'Chek.
- Jun 2154 (10/11/05) The Dwarven Quarters are finally cleansed - This operation is credited to Order of Gorethar, the Council of Balance, the Council of Dagath, the Keepers of the Cycle, and the M'Chekian Guards. This is perhaps the final step in releasing the Mikonian underdark from Sorvanok's hold.
- Nov 2153 (09/25/05) Dala Wennen, former Commander of the Alpha Corps, is granted a Common House seat based on her war record.
- Aug 2152 A.O.D. (19 Sep 05) The Nelthrope mines are reopened by the Avlis Arms and Armor Association after the entrance was collapsed in an attack on the Keep during the war. More
- Mar 2152 (09/09/05) M'Chek establishes an island Garrison on the Western sea.
- Jan 2152 (09/04/05) Houseman Kered Rose is reinstated in his position of Common House Representative as all charges stemming from the Canvas Incident are cleared.
- Aug 2151 (08/25/05) After much prodding and conflict with the city, and a rather interesting party, Tollgaroth's forces depart from the Hills of Tumult.
- Jul 2151 (08/24/05) The Jacks, a group of renegade brownies tired of being "walked over by the Talls", deliver their demands to Mikona.
- Jun 2151 (08/22/05) The Adomkuro begin to assault Mikona's temples. The assaults, however, are short-lived.
- Jun 2151 (08/21/05) Some activity of Sorvanok's old cult seems to indicate that all is not well in Mikona's underdark.
- Mar 2151 (08/14/05) Increasing pressure on M'Chek to seek land, and breaches of the treaty with Tollgaroth lead to conflicts over Mikona's Dwarven Quarters and Tollgaroth's lair. By the word of the treaty, M'Chek is still bound to an uneasy alliance with Tollgaroth, but it becomes clear that will not last for long.
- Dec 2150 (08/08/05) The Sword of Toran gives up its duty as the elite law enforcement branch in M'Chek. This duty passes to the newly formed M'Chekian Guards.
- Sep 2150 (08/02/05) A last remnant of Sorvanok's power is found under Mikona - A dracolich is discovered lurking in the depths and dispatched by a cooperative effort of the M'Chekian Guards, the Council of Balance, and the Order of Gorethar.
- Jul 2149 (07/06/05) A bounty is offered for the capture of Tangleroot, a murderous Verossan druid. The villain eludes capture and the sum is later raised to 30 000 gold.
- Feb 2149 (06/24/05) Fulfordis begins assaulting Mikona. His appearance is linked to Tollgaroth's plans, and the treaty between Tollgaroth and Mikona becomes strained.
- Jul 2148 (06/10/05) The M'Chekian Guards are founded from the remnants of the Alpha Corps. They share law enforcement powers with the Sword of Toran.
- May 2148 (06/05/05) The war between M'Chek and T'Nanshi finally ends and the Blandenberg Protectorate is formed. The Protectorate combines the Blandenberg Settlement and many of the lands formerly known as "the warzone" into a neutral entity controlled by the Churches of Mikon and Dru'El.
- May 2147 (05/26/05) The Blandenberg Settlementis officially estalished as a neutral entity in the war.
- Feb 2146 (05/11/04) A joint coalition is able to discover a cure for the plague. Those involved include Moira Windspar, Corporal Tivn Dimbzig and Frigate Captain Ayren Milen. The losses, however, have still been terrible. Estimates are that as many as 1 in 6 M'Chekians are dead from this plague.
- Feb 2145 (04/29/05) A dreaded plague that has been thus far confined to Elysia spreads to M'Chek. The M'Chekian army declares that one of T'Nanshi's officers (a "Trethlawn Brother") is responsible for this deed. The plague, now no longer containd by Elysia's walls, quickly spreads to T'Nanshi as well. Military operations on both sides all but cease as thousands die.
- Jun 2144 (04/21/05) The Alpha Corps organizes an operation to secure Blandenberg for M'Chekian settlers. This unprecedented operation involves capturing the village, securing it, then handing it over to neutral parties to settle as they will. Of the neutral parties involved, only the Church of Mikon, as represented by Moira Celyn, accepts responsibility for the settlement. The Blandenberg Protectorate is born. Despite T'Nanshi's rejection of the proposalthey do not attack the settlement, and it grows into what becomes the Blandenberg Protectorate.
- Feb 2144 (04/17/05) Drotid signs a ceasefire with T'Nanshi and Elysia - Many in M'Chek are outraged that their ally would leave the war, and fear the wrath of the northern armies which have been freed by this treaty.
- Oct 2143 (04/13/05) Plans are made to allow M'Chekians to relocate to Visimontium - This city, far to the north is designed as a Magocracy, to be populated by M'Chekians who have fled from the war.
- Jul 2143 (04/10/05) Rhissaerk Jalesh's punishment in Elysia is complete. He returns to M'Chek and is granted his place back in the army.
- Dec 2142 (04/02/05) The Alpha Corps' new public relations department begins making public announcements of battles. - The first announcement concerns the victorious defense of the remnants of the Village of Blandenberg.
- Sep 2142 (03/31/05) General Marcus Deth is raised from the dead and resumes his place as War Comissioner of M'Chek.
- Jan 2142 (03/22/05) Rhissaerk Jalesh is extradited to Elysia for crimes against their city. Questions are raised whether the extradition of the "Slayer of Vanoviel" has political motives.
- Mar 2141 (03/12/05) The Canvas Affair - A raid on the Canvas by the Sword of Toran leads to the expulsion of its owners from M'Chek, along with the expulsion of the Church of Angadar, and several of its allies. Prominent names among those found guilty include Amonien Amana, Tennira Arknheld, Lisa Kler, Jand le Fleure, and Houseman Kered Rose (who is stripped of his house seat.) Houseman Rose is later cleared of these charges and granted his seat back.
- Aug 2140 (03/05/05) Nelthrope Keep is attacked, the entrance to the mine is collapsed, and its storehouse destroyed. With the food stores for winter ruined, many die of starvation and refugees travel to Mikona for help. A group comprised of members of the Council of Balance, the Order of Gorethar, the Sword of Toran, the Order of the Dragon, and the Ivory Order appeal to Ferrell for food relief, which greatly aids in the recovery of the area.
- Dec 2137 (02/01/05) The Blandenberg Hospital is destroyed by terrorists.
- Oct 2137 (01/29/05) The Shadow of the Void is destroyed - The undead power hiding in the Ice Caves who attacked both Mikona and the fire giants, which brought about the lasting treaty between the two, is destroyed by members of the Council of Balance, the Reavers of Maleki, the Ebony Order, the Sword of Toran, and the Blue Order.
- Nov 2135 (01/06/05) The Wardens of M'Chek are founded - This group is subordinate to the Sword of Toran, acting to restore M'Chek's lands and keep them peaceful.
2004 (2106 thru 2134)
- Mar 2134 (12/18/04) After much agression between the two nations, M'Chek and Elysia finally declare war.
- Jun 2133 (12/09/04) A formal treaty is finally made with Tollgaroth. - Again threatened by the Shadow, Tollgaroth makes several key concessions which allow for the treaty to be ratified by the Joint Houses. This will later lead to military support by the giants for M'Chek.
- Jan 2133 (12/04/04) The Council of Balance is publically attacked for supposedly aiding Elysia against Titanian attack. - They note that if war comes between the two nations, they will side with M'Chek.
- Jul 2133 (11/28/04) Revelations about the nature of the M'Chek-Drotid alliance heighten tensions between M'Chek and Elysia. Specifically, evidence is purported to exist showing the desire of M'Chek to aid Drotid in destroying Elysia.
- Feb 2131 (10/31/04) High Reaver Kellid D'Prey begins motions to come to a formal treaty with Tollgaroth., The Fire Giants press for a treaty after attacks by the Shadow of the Void threaten both them and the City of Mikona. In later attacks, the Shadow reveals it is seeking a powerful item left by Sorvanok in the Mikona Underdark.
- Sep 2130 (10/26/04) High Commands on both sides of the war institute a policy of fining civilians in the warzone, as the battles begin to escalate.
- Jun 2130 (10/23/04) The Gentleman is destroyed for the second and (final?) time. The work was of a joint coalition of the M'Chekian Army and the Order of Valok, consisting of: Gracie Dane, Dala Wennen, Sugriam Undlendenboam, Magnus Khan, Jared Evershield, Tyrus Stark, and Dao Grinner.
- Apr 2130 (10/21/04) It becomes clear that Mikona's ice caves are inhabited by powerful undead - These undead make an attempt to slay Tollgaroth's giants, but are thwarted with the aid of the city. Once again, there is an uneasy alliance between Tollgaroth and Mikona.
- Feb 2129 (10/07/04) War Comissioner Marcus Deth is assassinated. He is replaced by General Tharius Grumbald, a relation of Lord Donie Grumbald.
- Oct 2127 (09/21/04) Magical constructs called Twig Blights attack the city, purposely slaughtering innocents. The Twigs are suspected to be the work of Verossan terrorists.
- Jan 2127 (09/11/04) The Gentleman apparently returns to M'Chek.
- May 2126 (09/03/04) The Golden Path forms - This is Houseman Kered Rose's official political party. It will last until he is expelled from his houseseat over the Canvas Affair.
- Dec 2124 (08/15/03) The Sword of Toran announces a deputy program - This program allows non-affiliated citizens to aid the Sword in the elite branch of M'Chek's law enforcement. This priveledge is later extended under the M'Chekian Guards.
- Nov 2124 (08/14/04) The undead child Joriah begins to cause trouble with the fire giants. Specifically, he begins to agitate them against Mikona.
- Jul 2124 (08/10/04) Mikona begins an open alliance with the church of Titania - This brings some anger from Elysia, which has been battling the Titanians recently.
- Aug 2123 (07/31/04) Mikona's infamous "Village Crypt" is cleansed of undeath - This long-term project of the Temple of Dagath was finally completed by Jadrienne Starfire and members of the church.
- Jun 2122 (07/17/04) M'Chek enters into an alliance with Drotid in its war against T'Nanshi. Captain Jake Bentsen of the Alpha Corps gives a famous speech on the matter.
- Mar 2122 (07/14/04) The Gentleman's minions are apparently at work again. They attempt to slay Lord Derrington, and in response he holds a public meetins, giving information about his role in the destruction of the Gentleman.
- Apr 2120 (06/21/04) The Blandenberg Ferry is destroyed. This vital travel lane from M'Chek to T'Nanshi is destroyed by T'Nanshi soldiers.
- Aug 2118 (06/01/04) The frozen dead (numbering 2000) are placed in the ice caves for storage while the city finds room to bury them. Necromancers begin using this as a supply of corpses.
- Jan 2118 (05/23/04) The cold is ended by an outside group. -Blame is placed at the feet of the Mikonians who, " made and broke promises, pranced around arguing," rather than solving the problem. (A good accounting of Mikona in the lich->ice age times is given here)
- Jul 2117 (05/17/04) It becomes apparent that the ice giants have a machine that is creating this weather. The city seeks an alliance with Tollgaroth in this, but he refuses, since his aid against Sorvanok was spurned by Kharak Hammerstar.
- Jan 2117 (05/11/04) General Marcus Deth is appointed as the new war comissioner of M'Chek
- Jul 2116 (05/05/04) Frost giant attacks on Mikona begin
- Nov 2115 (04/27/04) War Comissioner Dard Blake Dies - Dard Blake, M'Chek's war comissioner is found to be involved in slave trade. He commits suicide rather than face justice.
- Nov 2115 (04/27/04) Kered Rose appointed to the common house of M'Chek.
- Apr 2115 (04/20/04) Intense cold strikes Mikona. Snows begin to fall and not abate. No one is certain yet of the cause.
- Feb 2115 (04/18/04) Sorvanok Defeated - The Lich Sorvanok who resided deep in the underdark below Mikona, and who sought godhood is finally defeated by the cooperation of scores of adventurers. A momnument comemmorating this is erected outside the City's gates. Notable at the time: Tollgaroth is turned away from the assault by Kharak Hammerstar, a member of the Order of Gorethar.
- Mar 2114 (04/07/04) Sorvanok's minions begin massed assaults on the temples of Mikona. This serves as a call to those who oppose him to act immediately.
- Aug 2112 (03/19/04) Sorvanok's minions begin displaying priest-like powers. This leads many to speculate that the lich may be near his goal of ascention.
- Feb 2109 (02/08/04) Fulfordis and his ice giants are found to be in league with Sorvanok. This leads to another attempt at a truce with Tollgaroth, since he has no desire to be destroyed by the lich.
- Jun 2108 (01/31/04) Cha'reth ascends.
- Jun 2107 (01/19/04) The recipe for Bloodsmoke Infusion is found - This new and potent cure for the spite means the disease is no longer a threat to non-elven victims.
- Dec 2106 (01/12/04) The Gentleman is defeated. A portal to "The Hole," the interdimensional prison which held him for so long is opened by a group of heroes, and he is cast into it and imprisoned there again. Among those heroes who had a hand in this are Emrys Y'Coeden, Ayren Milen, Master Jade, Lt. Jake Bentsen, Sarrena Sunflower, and Kered Rose. The definitive account is penned by Hargas Steelhead.
- May 2106 (01/06/04) A hospital opens in Blandenberg - In the temple of O'Ma in the ruins Blandenberg village (now a battlefield), a hospital is opened jointly by clergy of O'Ma and Dru'el.
- Jan 2106 (01/02/04) Sorvanok steps up his attacks on Mikona - Rather than merely attacking the city in retribution for raids on his lair, Sorvanok begins preparations to raze Mikona and ascend to godhood.
2003 (2076 thru 2105)
- Feb 2105 (12/22/03) The gates of Mikona are reopened, after the spite epidemic recedes.
- Aug 2104 (12/16/03) Although cryptic, this announcement seems to mark the end of Meisha's attacks.
- Nov 2103 (12/07/03) The city of Mikona is quarantined due to an extreme outbreak of the Spite.
- Jan 2102 (11/15/03) The Church of Dagath learns how to cleanse a crypt, thus making it useless to The Gentlemen for recruitment of his undead minions.
- Oct 2100 (10/31/03) woman known as Meisha or "mistress" begins attacking M'Chekian nobles.
- Oct 2099 (09/18/03) Tollgaroth attacks Mikona again - As will become a repeated theme in Mikonian history, Tollgaroth's promise of a truce is broken. Many question whether it is his nature to do so, or if Mikonian adventurers broke the truce first.
- Jul 2099 (09/15/03) First indication that Tollgaroth may be willing to come to terms with Mikona - As Mikona is suffering from Sorvanok's assaults as well as Sereg raids, many are hopeful of this possibility.
- Apr 2099 (09/12/03) Lanessa Leaves M'Chek - The Legion of Darkness apparently ceases to exist along with her.
- Feb 2099 (09/10/03) The infamous "Gentleman" is first sighted in M'Chek. He attacks travellers seemingly at random.
- Mar 2098 (08/29/03) The Sereg return to Mikona, along with the spite.
- Jan 2096 (08/03/03) Hugar is defeated. Ironically, it was by her allies, the Blades of the Dark Heart. A group consisting of Aodyn, Timo Karr, Vanyankaya, Peregryne Twostep, Mari Mennallin-Briggs, Liartes, Lilith Lily White, Erulo, and entered their encampment and slew their leader, confirming that Hugar was indeed defeated and trapped within a crystal.
- Dec 2094 (07/20/03) Cyprian, the Archmage of the Ebony Order, attempts to turn the Vortex of Chaos to his will. The gathered Ebony Mages, let by Damar, sabotage the ritual (which takes place outside the Lost River Cavern), destroying Cyprian and the Vortex. Andrinor manifests to the mages present and informs them of his plans for the future.
- Jul 2094 (07/15/03) Despite claiming neutrality in the struggle for the vortex of chaos, struggle within Mikona results in a state of war between the Ebony Order of the Moon, and the Order of Gorethar and the Hands of Dru'el.
- Jun 2094 (07/14/03) As the magi of Avlis struggle over the Vortex, Mikona outlaws all conflicts within its walls. Damar Ogdem is acquitted His banishment is lifted, and he is welcomed back to the City of Mikona.
- Mar 2094 (07/11/03) Aramal Fynn, of the Ivory Order, obtains posession of the Vortex of Chaos. In attempting to confront him, Damar and Cor'Angelus become embroiled in a battle with membrs Order of Gorethar.
- Jan 2093 (06/27/03) Damar Ogdem banished from Mikona - For trespassing in Sorvanok's lair.
- Mar 2092 (06/17/03) The Order of Gorethar has its right to enforce M'Chekian laws revoked. The Sword of Toran replaces them as an elite law enforcement organization.
- Mar 2091 (06/05/03) Hugar returns to M'Chek - A task force is formed of adventurers to thwart her schemes.
- Oct 2090 (05/31/03) "Demon Prince Nastassiou" destroyed - Lanessa claims that this will put an end to the vampire threat to M'Chek, and the Legion of Darkness will now operate independently of them. Shortly thereafter, Lanessa's banisment is lifted
- Feb 2090 (05/23/03) The struggle becomes more violent as "black robed mages" (as distinct from Ebony Order mages) assaulting citizens of Mikona in their hunt for the Vortex.
- Nov 2086 (04/15/03) Yet another strange disease descends on M'Chek. - This time, it apparently is related to the vampire infestation.
- Sep 2086 (04/13/03) Lanessa nas T'jarra expelled from M'Chek.
- Jun 2086 (04/10/03) Tollgaroth's giants first attack Mikona in force - Their plan is to apparently crush the M'Chekian capital in the hopes of stopping M'Chekian resistance to another giant army from the north.
- May 2086 (04/09/03) It becomes clear that the Legion of Darkness is in league with the vampires spotted around Mikona (although they insist upon being called "vampyres"). Several break free from their pact with the Legion and Lenessa and begin preying on Mikonians. Cynics claim that this is the Legion's will.
- Jul 2084 (03/30/03) The Sereg assault M'Chek in force and are barely thrown back. This is the last known incident of a Sereg Army attacking M'Chek. Henceforce it is minor raiding parties.
- Jan 2084 (03/24/03) There sereg are apparently using The Scepter of Insubstantiality to pass through solid matter when assaulting Mikona, allowing them to breach the city's defenses easily. The Scepter belongs to a coal dragon who threatens M'Chek with his wrath if the scepter isn't recovered.
- Aug 2083 (03/19/03) Frequent Vampire sightings begin in M'Chek and in particular in Mikona.
- Feb 2083 (03/13/03) Legion of Darkness founded in M'Chek - The aptly named Legion of Darkness is founded by Lanessa nas T'jarra as an organization for those "with darkness in their hearts." They declare themselves violently opposed to the Order of Gorethar.
- May 2082 (03/04/03) Order of Valok founded in Mikona, by Fyren Tennimar.
- Jan 2082 (02/28/03) The Sereg'wethrin Spite first strikes M'Chek
- Sep 2081 (02/24/03) The Sereg'wethrin are spotted in Mikona - The Sereg'wethrin, a devious breed of elf bred for the destruction of all humans, are spotted in Mikona. It soon becomes obvious that this is more than an isolated incident and the city is in grave peril.
- Aug 2080 (02/11/03) Order of O'Ma founded by Delen Lomar.
- Oct 2079 (02/01/03) Lanessa nas T'jarra arrives in Mikona - She will later become infamous as the leader of a group of vampires.
- May 2079 (01/26/03) Dunster Commons Assaulted by a man named Sigmar Heldenhammer and his followers, who wear the sign of a fist. After being denounced by M'Chek as a mercenary band, this group soon dissolves.
- Mar 2079 (01/24/03) Andrinor releases the Vortex of Chaos into the mortal realm, leading to conflicts between various mage orders and their allies.
- Nov 2078 (01/20/03) T'Nanshi terrorists "E.L.F." attack Mikona
- Aug 2078 (01/17/03) Trials of Alladorn and Cuxn Alladorn is not guilty of treason, but of lying to an officer. He recieves a sentence of 100.000 gold pieces and one week labor. Cuxn is found not guilty of treason, but guilty of murdering several M'Chekan soldiers, and sentenced to death.
- Jun 2078 (01/15/03) Order of Gorethar Founded - The Order of Gorethar is founded by Lord Vian, Arch Paladin of Gorethar. Though technically based in Elysia, many members choose to reside in M'Chek.
- May 2078 (01/14/03) The Vigil, a vigilante group seeking to "protect M'Chekians" is first spotted in M'Chek.
2002 (2050 thru 2075)
- Aug 2075 (12/15/02) Alladorn taken into custody - Alladorn Echindar is captured and held for an impending trial for treason against M'Chek.
- Jun 2075 (12/13/02) Cuxn taken into custody - Cuxn Starfire's bounty is collected by Peregryne Twostep. Cuxn is held for an impending trial for treason against M'Chek.
- Sep 2074 (12/04/02) Alladorn and Cuxn wanted for Treason - A bounty of 200,000 gold is placed for the capture or deaths of Alladorn Echindar and Cuxn Starfire, for treason against M'Chek.
- Jul 2074 (12/02/02) Sorvanok attacks Mikona - The Lich Sorvanok launchs what is to be the first of many assaults on Mikona in retaliation for adventurers raiding his lair.
- ~2069 (09/??/02) A bandit leader by the name of Hugar begins wreaking havok in M'Chek.
- ~2066 (08/??/02) The adventuring group, The One Percenters, begins assaults on the lich Sorvanok. The group consisted of Vian Valorian, Tri'as Ju'eir, Harthgrepa Daemonsbane, Feeb Ironfist, and Sammuel (later to take the last name Valorian).
Each event is prefaced with the approximate RL date it occured, or was posted about. This will help keep this somewhat in chronological order. Approximate Avlis dates are assigned to these events, using the website's calendar calculator up through June 2005, and the new time flow formula for dates after that.
- More on Vortex plot--resolution.
- Fireplane event resolution (NoIC writeupavaible afaik) poke Zonr/Tamia to do it