Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tollgaroth's War Against Mikona
- Dec 2077 (10 Apr 2003) Tollgaroth's giants first attack Mikona in force. Their plan is to apparently crush the M'Chekian capital in the hopes of stopping M'Chekian resistance to another giant army from the north.
Sorvanok Era and the First "Truce"
- Jan 2092 (15 Sep 2003) First indication that Tollgaroth may be willing to come to terms with Mikona - as Mikona is suffering from Sorvanok's assaults as well as Sereg raids, many are hopeful of this possibility.
- Apr 2092 (18 Sep) Tollgaroth attacks Mikona again. As will become a repeated theme in Mikonan history, Tollgaroth's promise of a truce is broken. Many question whether it is his nature to do so, or if Mikonian adventurers broke the truce first.
- Jan 2105 (8 Feb 2004) Fulfordis and his ice giants are found to be in league with Sorvanok. This leads to another attempt at a truce with Tollgaroth, since he has no desire to be destroyed by the lich.
- Apr 2111 (18 Apr) Sorvanok Defeated. The Lich Sorvanok who resided deep in the Underdark below Mikona, and who sought godhood is finally defeated by the cooperation of scores of adventurers. A momnument comemmorating this is erected outside the City's gates. Notable at the time: Tollgaroth is turned away from the assault by Kharak Hammerstar, a member of the Order of Gorethar.
Post-Sorvanok and the Second Alliance
- Nov 2113 (17 May 2004) It becomes apparent that the ice giants have a machine that is creating the unnaturally cold weather. The city seeks an alliance with Tollgaroth in this, but he refuses, since his aid against Sorvanok was spurned by Kharak Hammerstar.
- Nov 2121 (14 Aug) The undead child Joriah begins to cause trouble with the fire giants. Specifically, he begins to agitate them against Mikona.
- Dec 2127 (21 Oct) It becomes clear that Mikona's ice caves are inhabited by powerful undead. These undead make an attempt to slay Tollgaroth's giants, but are thwarted with the aid of the city. Once again, there is an uneasy alliance between Tollgaroth and Mikona.
- Oct 2128 (31 Oct) High Reaver Kellid D'Prey begins motions to come to a formal treaty with Tollgaroth. The Fire Giants press for a treaty after attacks by the Shadow of the Void threaten both them and the City of Mikona. In later attacks, the Shadow reveals it is seeking a powerful item left by Sorvanok in the Mikona Underdark.
- Apr 2132 (9 Dec) A formal treaty is finally made with Tollgaroth. Again threatened by the Shadow, Tollgaroth makes several key concessions which allow for the treaty to be ratified by the Joint Houses. This will later lead to military support by the giants for M'Chek.
- May 2149 (24 Jun 2005) Fulfordis begins assaulting Mikona. His appearance is linked to Tollgaroth's plans, and the treaty between Tollgaroth and Mikona becomes strained.
- Sep 2151 (14 Aug) Increasing pressure on M'Chek to seek land, and breaches of the treaty with Tollgaroth lead to conflicts over Mikona's Dwarven Quarters and Tollgaroth's lair. By the word of the treaty, M'Chek is still bound to an uneasy alliance with Tollgaroth, but it becomes clear that will not last for long.
- Feb 2152 (25 Aug) After much prodding and conflict with the city, and a rather interesting party, Tollgaroth's forces depart from the Hills of Tumult.
- Mar 2155 (1 Nov) The Windspars succeed in closing the Magma portal in Tollgaroth's abandoned halls. The hills appear open for settlement, but are shortly invaded by Andrinorian Gnomes.