|Part of the series on|
Warrior Maidens of Dre'Ana
Alignment: Any female of good or neutral intentions
Races: Any Race is welcome.
Classes: Any class is welcome.
Description: Dedicated to helping all in need and helping to train women in according to the teachings of Dre'Ana.
Colors: Purple and Gold
Ways to contact: Leave a note at the Maiden's Keep in Elysia or speak with a Warrior Maiden herself.
- Arch Mistress Korennya PM
- Blade Mistress Vicky PM
- Lore Mistress Thralia PM
The Philosophy of a Warrior Maiden is two fold, for each sister is a holy warrior and goes forth in Her name to do what is right. A Warrior Maiden understands and acknowledges that she will have to make sacrifices of herself to achieve what is right in this world. It is through the sacrifices of training in physical or mental combat that we strive to set ourselves part from every person we come in contact. A Warrior Maiden shall strive to develop her very own method of combat techniques to help in achieving independence from the world around her.
The Warrior Maiden is all about independence and freedom in life, in thought and in action. Through we training as group and we go into battle as a group, no one is forced to as free will and one’s own devotion to Her message drives each of us. There are many ways a Warrior Maiden may start to feel her independence and freedom, some could feel it the first time the take up arms in Her name and stand proudly of their own free will, while others might feel it in the form of learning what they previously did not know.
Is above all else that Dre’Ana teaches us we are equals to men, we are warriors, we are scholars, and we are leaders.
We believe in good and evil, right in wrong, black and white, but we also see the middle ground, the intent of action and the grey. We know the world is not perfect and that it will not prefect either by our actions or the actions of any as we are mortal. Therefore we strive to defend those that are wronged through evil actions and to defend what we hold sacred to us. We choose to work together with others of good intent to defend those that can not defend themselves and to help them be safe and to live freely.
While Dre’Ana is the patron of Jechran, we each believe that She looks down on us from time to time and lights each of our paths. So, that we can continue our work in Her name. We do not look for Her divine intervention into task or problems we face as we will act as we have taught and through those actions we will learn as a sisterhood and as individuals. She hears our prayers and She watches as her daughters learn to stand up on their own to carry forth and do what is right.
- A Warrior Maiden serves Her above all else, shedding herself of outside influences and distractions to strive to be closer to Dre’Ana.
- A Warrior Maiden is loyal and honest; when she gives her word she upholds it.
- A Warrior Maiden will strive to develop her own style and techniques of fighting.
- A Warrior Maiden will strive to learn what she can of world around her and her role within it.
- As in life, so goes battle. A Warrior Maiden shall act with honor and respect to those she faces.
- She shall not strike in anger or hate as those emotions lead away from Her teachings.
- One does not brag or show off their prowess in combat, we are humble warriors.
- One does not brandish her weapon without the intent on using it before she sheaths it.
- We are disciplined women in life and in battle and shall not be swayed by the chaos of uncertainty.
The structure of the Warrior Maiden is fairly loose but there is a minimum of orderly structure. There are four Mistresses each elected by the sisterhood to serve in regards of the Estate, Curatorial, Battles, and Divine. Each of these Mistresses my take on an apprentice, as to prepare them for the day that one Mistress steps down and retires from the ranks of leadership. The Matron is the leader and commander of the Warrior Maidens.
There is an organized meeting where all the sisters gather to discuss various programs, attempts and problems that we face as group. As well as organized training sessions for sisters to improve themselves and to improve on working as a group; which is our goal to improve as individuals and as a group.
There are very few rules once inside the sisterhood. Is best to use your judgment and Her teachings. If there are questions about what one should do in certain moments or has acted it should be taken up with a Mistress and talked about openly. Therefore we can all learn from that moment. However, that said there is something each sister can do to.
- Be in Her colors as much as you can, this lets others know you are a Maiden and in troubled times this can calm many down that a Maiden is there seeing to things.
- Always be respectful even when you are disrespected, it does not serve our goals to get into disagreements where we lower ourselves.
- Always be prepared to help those that either through their own lack of knowledge or preparing fall victim to preventable or unpreventable events.
- Strive to let all know we are here and living Her message, no woman shall be turned from our doors by our actions. Only her own actions of not participation in meetings, training or other actives that we hold; will remove one from our membership.
- Respect and Honor all your sisters and in Her, in the end it is them that will guard and protect you from the troubles we face.
The ranks of the Warrior Maidens are as follows:
- Warrior Maiden – Initiate
- Warrior Maiden – Bow, Blade, Mystic, Divine, Vanguard
- Valkyrie Maiden - Bow, Blade, Mystic, Divine, Vanguard
- Phoenix Maiden
- Phoenix Valkyrie
Every Sister starts as an Initiate and serves for a trial period where she finds her own path and place within the Sisterhood. Upon completion of the trial, she is promoted to full status and given the title that reflects her training. Those sisters that have served through out the decades are giving the title of Valkyrie. The last two ranks are the rarest titles. The Phoenix Maiden and Phoenix Valkyrie are set aside for those Sisters who have taken upon themselves great duties and deeds above the normal call of the Sisterhood.
- Annika Ju'er
- Arena Helerin
- Emilia de Brogenhold
- Xi'Tso Meltalio
- Aanneah Faith
- E'Hfemie N'Hatalie
- Eloryn Yeritashemar
- Emilee Aers
- Illivara De'Markesi
- Mylinda Kerisan
- Tenirra Arken'Held
- Earandel Senessa
- Lisa Kler
- Lyse KayaCha
- Mowghina Del'Torhan
- Nawen Amakiir
- Sala Te'Dwith
- Sara Jamsson
- Sarrena Sunflower
- Terra Swift
- Zatiel Tylin
- Dark Moon
- Korennya Erinfales
- Thralia Dy'nesh
The Warrior Maidens are one of the oldest groups around with its members taken part in the events that have shaped the world of Avlis. Tenirra Arken'Held with the help of a few other follows of Dre’Ana help the established the Warrior Maidens in lands of Elysia. Since then the rest is a colorful and controversial history still debated today.
What To Expect:
Basically everything from combat instruction from one our renowned sisters to how to survive your own using your hands to make what you need.
Purpose and IC roles:
Dedicated to helping all in need and training women in according to the teachings of Dre’Ana become what they truly dream of becoming. To promote women as more than objects and the weaker sex; so they may stand up and be noticed as researchers, explorers, scholars, warriors and leaders. To be a Warrior Maiden is not to take a oath, but a life all its own.
Please have an Avlis boardname prior to meeting with the Warrior Maidens if you're serious in joining. The Warrior Maidens are one of largest and oldest PC-run orders. There are players from all parts of the globe; which makes posting a mandatory for members. Communication via the boards is a part of being a Warrior Maiden.