Description: Rangers are skilled stalkers and hunters who make their home in the woods. Their martial skill is nearly the equal of the fighter, but they lack the latter's dedication to the craft of fighting. Instead, the ranger focuses his skills and training on a specific enemy - a type of creature he bears a vengeful grudge against and hunts above all others. Rangers often accept the role of protector, aiding those who live in or travel through the woods. His skills allow him to move quietly and stick to the shadows, especially in natural settings, and he also has special knowledge of certain types of creatures.
Finally, an experienced ranger has such a tie to nature that he can actually draw on natural power to cast divine spells, much as a druid does. The following deities will allow (un)holy powers to rangers: Aarilax, Balgar, Berryn, Dagath, Dre'Ana, Dru'El, Cha'reth, Ingoren, O'Ma, Pelar, Skern, Titania, Verossa, and Yeraiah.
Alignment Restrictions: None
Hit Die: d10
Special Abilities & Feats
- Level 1 Dual-wield, Favored Enemy (or a bonus feat), Trackless Step
- Level 5 Favored Enemy (or a bonus feat)
- Level 6 Animal Companion
- Level 9 Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
- Level 10 Favored Enemy (or a bonus feat)
- Level 15 Favored Enemy (or a bonus feat)
- Level 20 Favored Enemy (or a bonus feat)
- Level 25 Favored Enemy (or a bonus feat)
- Level 30 Favored Enemy (or a bonus feat)
- Level 35 Favored Enemy (or a bonus feat)
- Level 40 Favored Enemy (or a bonus feat)
Rangers gain their spells from the god(s) they follow, much the same way a Cleric or Druid does. It does not come from nebulous force of nature, or the earth itself. It is the power of their god, channeled though them. It isn’t the ranger who picks the target of lightning when he calls it down, but rather his god that directs it.
|1st Level||2nd Level||3rd Level||4th Level|
Spells per Day
|Class Level||Spell Level|
- Spells of these level are only gained for these class levels if the character is eligible for bonus spells of the level.
Skill Points: 4 + Int mod
Bonus Feats: 23, 26, 29, 32, 35, 38
- When casting divine spells on Avlis, you must have a valid Avlis deity in your deity field to cast spells above 3rd level.
A chosen few rangers may be marked as favored by their deity. In terms of game mechanics, this means an increase in the potency of the ranger's spells and abilities. Favored status bestows bonuses in the form of +4 caster levels, +4 to spell DCs and +50% to applicable spell caps.
Note: This is a DM reward for exceptional role playing, not something you can gain from completing a quest in game.
Avlis Private Discussion: Druids & Rangers, a private class discussion forum.
- Ranger Guide by DarthMuffin at GameFAQs NWN page