Description: Druids are divine spellcasters who receive their spells from gods aligned with nature. They strive to live in harmony with the natural world, and hate anything that is not part of the natural cycle, especially aberrations and undead creatures. As they gain experience, they learn to take the shapes of animals and eventually of more powerful creatures. The strict oaths taken by every druid prohibit using weapons and armor outside their traditions.
Druids are essentially priests of nature. In the older editions of the D&D Player's Handbook (PHB), druids had a very hierarchical structure to their organization. This is possible on Avlis too, but it is not the only norm. Structure depends on alignment. Therefore druidic orders with neutral or lawful alignments will have more order than chaotic druidic orders. Not all gods on Avlis can produce druids. These are the gods who do have druids: Dru'El, O'Ma, Pelar, Dre'Ana, Titania, Ingoren, Dagath, Skern, Balgar, Berryn, Cha'reth, Keros, Yeraiah and Verossa.
Druidic orders are often not related organizationally to the church of the same god. However, sometimes they work together, like in the case of the Church of O'Ma and O'Ma's druidic order. Sometimes there is tension between the church and its druidic order because they do things a little differently ritualistically and they have concerns in different areas.
Alignment Restrictions: None
Hit Die: d8
Proficiencies: Armor (Light, Medium), Shields, Weapons (Druid)
Skill Points: (Int mod * 4 at 1st level) 4 + Int mod
Skills: Animal empathy, Concentration, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Heal, Lore, Parry, Persuade, Spellcraft
Selectable Class Feats: Ambidexterity, Brew Potion, Craft Wand, Deflect Arrows, Quicken Spell, Skill Focus, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus, Two-Weapon Fighting
Primary Saving Throw(s): Fortitude, Will
Spellcasting: Divine (Wisdom based, armor-related chance of spell failure is ignored). Must have a Wisdom score of 10 + the spell's level to cast a spell.
Special Abilities & Feats
- Level 1 Animal Companion, Nature Sense
- Level 2 Woodland Stride
- Level 3 Trackless Step
- Level 4 Resist Nature's Lure
- Level 5 Wild Shape, animal (1x/day)
- Level 6 Wild Shape (2x/day)
- Level 7 Wild Shape (3x/day)
- Level 9 Venom Immunity
- Level 10 Wild Shape (4x/day)
- Level 12 Druid Wildshape (Animal), Improved forms
- Level 14 Wild Shape (5x/day)
- Level 16 Elemental Shape, Huge (1x/day)
- Level 17 Elemental Shape (2x/day)
- Level 18 Wild Shape (6x/day)
- Level 19 Elemental Shape (3x/day)
- Level 20 Improved Elemental Shape, Elder
- Level 22 Infinite Wildshape
- Level 26 Infinite Elemental Shape
Druids gain their spells from the god(s) they follow, much the same way a Cleric or Paladin does. It does not come from nebulous force of nature, or the earth itself. It is the power of their god, channeled though them. It isn't the druid who picks the target of lightning when he or she calls it down, but rather his or her god that directs it.
|Cantrips||1st Level||2nd Level||3rd Level||4th Level|
|5th Level||6th Level||7th Level||8th Level||9th Level|
Spells per Day
Skill Points: 4 + Int Mod
Bonus Feats: 24, 28, 32, 36, 40
Epic Druid Bonus Feats: Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Dragon Shape, Epic Energy Resistance, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Great Wisdom, Greater Spell Focus, Improved Combat Casting
Epic Selectable Class Feats: Blinding Speed, Epic Skill Focus (Animal empathy), Epic spell: dragon knight, Greater Ruin, Hellball, Mummy Dust,
- The Druid and Shifter Shapeshifting feats cannot be dispelled.
- Druids cannot take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial) feat unless multiclassed.
- The summon creature spells are some of the more powerful and useful spells. For convenience, the summoned creatures, per level, are: dire badger, dire boar, dire wolf, dire spider, dire bear, dire tiger, huge elemental (random type), greater elemental (random type), elder elemental (random type), 4 greater elementals (one at a time. druid-only spell).
- When casting divine spells on Avlis, you must have a valid Avlis deity in your deity field to cast spells above 3rd level.
- Avlis uses a custom Companion Training System.
A chosen few druids may be marked as favored by their deity. In terms of game mechanics, this means an increase in the potency of the druid's spells and abilities. Favored status bestows bonuses in the form of +4 caster levels, +4 to spell DCs and +50% to applicable spell caps.
Note: This is a DM reward for exceptional role playing, not something you can gain from completing a quest in game.
Avlis Private Discussion: Druids & Rangers, a private class discussion forum.
Avlis Private Discussion: Druids & Rangers
Wikipedia:Druid (Dungeons & Dragons)